Friday, January 9, 2015

Concocting!

  Oh hai! Did I mention that one of my favorite things about making bath stuff is I get to be a one part mad scientist, and one part designer? Oui dahling! Let me talk to you about chemical reactions while we discuss which shade of blue is going to make this soap look fab! Ok, well maybe not like that. But there is something extremely happy-making about satisfying the science nerd and artiste within me at the same time!
   But back to the the main reason of  today's post! Today was a busy day, as my time was split between running errands, filing more paperwork and writing down all my recipes. But somewhere in the midst of all of this happy chaos, I had a little time to sit down and work on a new product.  That's right, I made a new product today.
   These babies are scented bath bombs or bath fizzies as they're also called. I had already started thinking about making these guys back in November, but never really got around to it. I figured since I had some time today, I might as well try to come up with a recipe and see what I could make. And these are the result.
  These guys come in at a whopping 7.5 oz per bomb ( Probably more like 7oz once they harden) and are about the size of a large apple. As you can see they are a little bigger than the palm of my hand. But I haven't even mentioned the best part yet!These guys smell like chocolate; luscious, luscious chocolate deliciousness. I wish you could scratch the monitor and sniff, because these are fan-frickin-tastic  smelling. I can't wait for these to dry so I can try them out. Babe, will probably have to pull me out of the tub.
   Looking at them, there are already a few things I want to change, mainly making a smaller sized one. I can forsee these being slightly problematic in the sense of how does one get more than one use out of them. If I understand correctly, one company does sell bombs this size and it's not been a super issue for the consumer. But like I said, it's something for me to consider.  Luckily my batch made 3.5 of these guys, so I've got three to play around with before I start making tweeks. The little half one one, went into the tub immediately to check the color fastness of my chosen pigment.It turned the water a pretty pastel blue, like I was hoping it would, but I wanted to double check. We wouldn't want a colored ring around the tub, now would we? I wasn't too happy with the fizzing action from my tester, but it could also be because it hasn't dried out enough yet. Who knows!?
Anyway, thanks for tuning in today and stay tuned for tomorrow. Test results will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment